Programmable Logic controller Multiple Choice Question
Top 10 PLC Programmable logic controller questions asked in various competitive exam. Please give this exam. This is free mock test and check your score.
First give this exam. If your answer is wrong then check below video for detail description of question
Series#1 ( Top 10 Questions )
Question 1 The acronym PLC stands for:
- Pressure Load Control
- Programmable Logic Controller
- Pneumatic Logic Capstan
- PID Loop Controller
- Pressure Loss Chamber
Answer: Programmable Logic Controller
Question 2 Ladder logic programming consists primarily of:
- Virtual relay contacts and coils
- Logic gate symbols with connecting lines
- Function blocks with connecting lines
- Text-based code
Answer: Virtual relay contacts and coils
Question 3 In a PLC, the scan time refers to the amount of time in which …..
- The technician enters the program
- Timers and counters are indexed by
- One “rung” of ladder logic takes to complete
- The entire program takes to execute
- Transmitted data communications must finish
Answer: The entire program takes to execute
Question 4 Identify the problem in this motor control PLC program:
- Start contact
- Seal-in contact
- Stop contact
- Power source
Answer: Seal-in contact
Question 5 The Boolean representation of this PLC program is:
- ABC + D
- C + (A + B)D
- C + D(A + B)
- ABC + BD
- C(AB + D)
Answer: C(AB + D)
Question 6 The difference between online and offline PLC programming is . . .
- Whether the PLC is running or stopped
- Whether the programming PC has internet connectivity
- The type of programming cable used
- Where the edited program resides
- The type of programmer used
Answer: Where the edited program resides
Question 7 In PLC programming, a retentive function is one that:
- Defaults to the “on” state
- Comes last in the program
- Defaults to the “off” state
- Cannot be edited or deleted
- Is not reset after a power cycle
Answer: Is not reset after a power cycle
Question 8 Normally open contacts are open when:
- When Input is not energized
- When the input is energized
- When input is higher than 20 volts
- None of these
Answer: When Input is not energized
Question 9 An OR function implemented in ladder logic uses:
- Normally-closed contacts in series
- Normally-open contacts in series
- A single normally-closed contact
- Normally-open contacts in parallel
- Normally-closed contacts in parallel
Answer: Normally-open contacts in parallel
Question 10 A good application for a timed interrupt in a PLC program would be:
- A communications function block
- A PID function block
- A math function block
- A motor start/stop rung
- A “watchdog” timer
Answer: A PID function block
For more videos, Please check out my YouTube channel
1. What is PLC ?
2. What do you mean by PLC scan time?
3. Which is the most popular language in plc programming ?
4. What are the applications of PLC ?
5. What are components of PLC system ?
6. What is ladder diagram ?
The advantage of ladder diagram is the familiarity many electricians have with the simple operation of relays.
- 8051 Microcontroller (10)
- 8086 Microprocessor (2)
- Angular (3)
- Basic Electronics (7)
- Diode (6)
- Data Communication (1)
- Digital Electronics (7)
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) (13)
- 8051 Microcontroller (2)
- 8086 Microprocessor (1)
- Basic Electronics (4)
- PLC (4)
- Power Electronics (2)
- Power Electronics (12)
- Inverters (10)
- Previous Year Papers (14)
- DSSSB JE (1)
- UPPCL-JE (1)
- UPRVUNL JE (2)
- Programmable Logic Controller – PLC (5)
- Quiz (12)
- Uncategorized (8)
Ӏ’m аmazed, I have to aɗmit. Rarely do I encounter a
blⲟg that’s both educative and interesting, and let mｅ tell you,
you’ve hit thе nail on the һead. Тhе problem
is something that not enouɡһ people are speaking intelliցently about.
Now і’m very happy that I came across this during my search
for something regarding this.
Comments are closed.