Skip to content
Home » Advantages and disadvantages of Zener diode shunt voltage regulator
Advantages of Zener diode shunt regulator are given below:
- For wider range of load currents and input voltages the Zener diode shunt regulator provide a better regulation.
- It gives higher current capability.
- The Zener voltage regulator is very economic.
- It requires only two or three components.
- It has a very simple circuit.
Disadvantages of Zener diode shunt regulator are given below:
- Internal impedance of the Zener shunt voltage regulator circuit is high.
- The voltage regulation is poor.
- The output voltage in Zener shunt voltage regulator is not adjustable because the output power of Zener shunt regulator is depending on Zener voltage. It means VO = VZ.
- The Zener shunt voltage regulator cannot be used for large load current.
- Zener shunt voltage regulator has poor efficiency for heavy loads because a large amount of power is wasted in Zener diode resistance (R2) and series resistor (RS) in comparison with load power.
- The output voltage of Zener regulator slightly changes due to Zener resistance
- In Zener shut regulator changes in load current produce changes in Zener current. As a result, the output voltage also changes.
Absolutely with you it agree. In it something is and it is good idea. I support you.
Comments are closed.