Punjab State Power Corporation Limited junior engineer exam paper 18-dec-2019. Free PDF download here. Previous year papers, benefits of solving papers, stream wise question sets, download the free PDF and upscale your PSPCL Exam by giving mock test.
For more paper on previous year click here
For subject wise if you want to give paper then click here
1. Which device is used to measure phase difference between grid voltage and voltage generated by a synchronous alternator?
d. Power factor meter
2. How many input lines are there in a ‘Full Adder’?
3. Which of the following is the most preferred language for scientific computations?
4. The definition of demand factor is:
a. total connected load / maximum demand
b. maximum demand / total connected load
c. maximum demand + total connected load
d. maximum demand – total connected load
5. The definition of synchronous reactance is:
a. reactance either due to armature reaction or leakage flux
b. reactance due to armature reaction of the machine
c. reactance due to leakage flux
d. combined reactance due to leakage flux and armature reaction
6. Which of following logic gates provides output as 0 when both inputs are same (either 0 or 1)?
b. XOR .
7. For a synchronous motor, the nature of speed-torque characteristic if torque is on Y axis and speed is on X axis is a:
a. straight line at 45 degree angle from X axis
b. a parabolic line between two axis
c. straight line parallel to Y axis
d. straight line parallel to X axis
8. In a three-phase induction motor, if the air gap is increased then its:
a. power factor will reduce
b. efficiency will improve
c. speed will reduce
d. breakdown torque will reduce
9. If three inductors are connected in parallel, then which of the following is correct?
a. Power across all the inductors will be same
b. Thermal loss across all the inductors will be same
c. Current across all the inductors will be same
d. Voltage across all the inductors will be same
10. A voltage wave is given by V = 200 sin 314t. What is the maximum value?
a. 1600 V
b. 800 V
c. 400 V
d. 200 V
11. At which level of an organization does a corporate manager operate?
a. Middle level
b. Functional level
c. Operational level
d. Top level
12. Which of the following is a universal logic gate?
13. Light energy radiated per second from a luminous body is known as:
a. luminous flux
14. A capacitor has a capacitance of 5 microfarad. What is the stored energy in the capacitor, if DC voltage of 100 V is applied across it?
a. 25 Joules
b. 25/100 Joules
c. 250/100 Joules
d. 2.5/100 Joules
15. The Ohm’s law is valid for _____________________ circuit/s.
b. non-linear and linear
16. Flat compound characteristic of a DC compound generator is obtained by connecting a:
a. variable resistance in parallel with shunt load
b. variable resistance across series field
c. fixed resistance in parallel with shunt load
d. fixed resistance across series field
17. An incoming alternator is to be synchronised with an already operating alternator. Which of the following conditions is NOT necessary to be satisfied?
a. Same frequency
b. Same voltage magnitude
c. Same phase sequence
d. Same prime mover speed
18 . Which of the following is equivalent to the Boolean function X + XY?
19. The coefficient of coupling is a factor used when two coils:
a. are connected with a wire
b. are connected in parallel
c. are mutually coupled in a magnetic circuit
d. of same value connected with a wire
20. The symbol shown here is:
a. Voltage controlled current source
b. Current controlled current source
c. Current controlled voltage source
d. Voltage controlled voltage source
21. Silver metal is a of electricity
a. good conductor
b. super conductor
d. bad conductor
22. Which of the following is an example of a sequential circuit?
c. Full Adder
23. The capacitor in circuit opposes the sudden change of
24. Which instrument is used to measure the surge voltage on transmission lines caused by lightning?
25. Which one of the following types of instruments can be used to determine the r.m.s value of ac voltage of high magnitude (10kV) and of any wave shape?
a. Moving iron instruments
b. Dynamometer type instruments
c. Induction instruments
d. Electrostatic instruments
26. Leakage factor in magnetic circuit is defined as:
a. total flux + useful flux
b. total flux x useful flux
c. useful flux / total flux
d. total flux / useful flux
27. What will be the number of cylinders in a hard disk in which each recording surface contains 8 tracks and each track is divided into 16 sectors?
28. In forward regeneration mode of a three-phase induction motor drive, the value of slip ‘s’ is:
29. 1 watt is equal to:
a. 1 Newton—meter—second
b. 1 Newton—second/meter
c. 1 Newton/meter—second
d. 1 Newton—meter/second
30. When all the elements in the circuit carry the same current then it is called a/an ………….circuit.
31. Which of the following methods is NOT used for DC drive?
a. Armature current
b. Field current
c. Thermal control
d. Armature voltage
32. Single phase to ground fault is a/an _____fault.
33. In source transformation of a circuit:
a. Voltage source is transformed in current source
b. Inductor is transformed in voltage source
c. Capacitor is transformed in resistor
d. Inductor is transformed in capacitor
34. If the iron core of a transformer is replaced by an air core, then the hysteresis losses in the transformer will
c. Remains unchanged
d. Become zero
35. Cable impregnation means application of used in cables…….. compound on the paper
a. Non-insulating oil
b. Insulating oil
c. Insulating metal
d. Non-insulating metal
36. The speed of operation of a power diode is decided by the:
a. Duty cycle
b. Applied voltage across its terminal
c. Reverse recovery time
d. Frequency of operation
37. The speed of operation of a power diode is decided by the:
a. duty cycle
b. applied voltage across its terminal
c. reverse recovery time
d. frequency of operation
38. Which of the following is NOT a valid keyword in ‘C’ language?
39. Which of the following is NOT an AC drive?
a. Induction motor drive
b. Compound motor drive
c. Synchronous motor drive
d. Stepper motor drive
40. Which of the following is a branching construct in ‘C’ language?
a. if-else statement
b. for statement
c. do-while statemen
d. while statement
41. Which of the following cores are used for construction of large power transformers?
a. Cold rolled grain oriented steel
b. Hot rolled steel
d. Cold rolled non-grain oriented steel
42. What is the decimal equivalent of the hexadecimal number (2F)16?
43. Which of the following torque is NOT present in a three-phase induction motor?
a. Parasitic torque
b. Pull up torque
c. Starting torque
d. Thermal torque
44. A phase difference of 30 degree between input and output corresponding line voltages of three-phase transformer connection is to be obtained. The connection to be made is:
a. Delta -Ziczag
45. Which of the following is NOT essential for working of an indicating instrument?
a. Controlling torque
b. Deflecting torque
c. Damping torque
d. Braking torque
46. What will be the maximum number of addressable locations in memory using 9 address lines?
47. Kirchhoff’s voltage law is a consequence of
a. Conservation of Charge
b. Conservation of Energy
c. Conservation of Momentum
d. Conservation of Mass
48. The torque of a three-phase induction motor is ___the voltage supply
a. inversely proportional to the square of
b. directly proportional to .
c. inversely proportional to
d. directly proportional to the square of the supply voltage
49. The property of a substance that opposes the flow of electric current is known as:
50. In an AC circuit containing pure inductance, the voltage applied is 110 NT, 50 Hz, while the current is 10 A. The value of inductance is:
a 30 mH
b. 3.5 mH
c. 3.0 mH
d. 35 mH
51. In a common collector amplifier the voltage gain is
a. Varies with collector resistance
b. Less than 1
c. Varies with input voltage.
d. Varies with load resistance.
52. What is the value of current drawn by a 220 V DC shunt motor of armature resistance 0.5 ohm and back emf 200 V?
a 40 A
b. 400 A
c. 44 A
d. 440 A Ans.
53. Let 312 as a number in the base-B number system, where B is unknown.
If (312)B = (54)10, then what is the value of the base B?
54. In the V curves of a synchronous motor, what are the quantities on Y-axis and X-axis respectively?
a. Armature current and torque
b. Torque and field current
c. Power factor and field current
d. Armature current and field current
55. The flux in the magnetic circuit is equivalent to the ____the electric circuit.
a. voltage in
b. heat in
c. current in
d. impedance of
56. The first version of Windows NT was:
a. Windows XP
b. Windows NT 3.1
c. Windows 2000
d. Windows NT 3 0
57. Photovoltaic cells are _____ materials.
d. bad conductor
58. Which of the following is NOT an essential quality of protection?
a. Cost control
b. Fast operation
59. In parallel magnetic circuit, the total ampere turn is equal to the:
a. ampere turn of only one smallest part
b. ampere turn of only one longest part
c. difference of ampere – turn of each path
d. sum of amper – turn of each path
60. The first two bits of the first octet of an IP Class-B address are always:
61. What is the average value of voltage extracted from a battery?
a. Same as maximum value
b. Divide maximum value by V2
c. Multiply maximum value by V 2
62. An IPv4 address is a …………. address, which is categorized into different IP
a. 256 bits
b. 128 bits
c. 16 bits
d. 32 bits
63. NTFS stands for ___ and it was developed by ____.
a. New Technology File System; Apple
b. Network Technology File System; Apple
c. New Technology File System; Microsoft
d. Network Technology File System; Intel
64. For a three-phase induction motor drive, which of the following technique is NOT used?
a. Frequency control
b. Stator voltage control
c. Rotor voltage control
d. Moisture control
65. Assembly language uses abbreviated English words like ADD, JUMP, MUL, etc. These words are called:
c. pseudo codes
66. Determine the frequency of the periodic wave form show here
67. What is the ‘base’ of the hexadecimal number system?
68. Which of the following acts as a temporary storage location to hold an intermediate result in mathematical and logical calculations?
c. Program Counter
d. Memory Address Register (MAR)
69. Load duration curve is the plot between:
a. load and time
b. load and frequency
c. load and temperature
d. load and voltage